Re: I hate to interrupt all this for something practical, but.... we need a concise, easy-to-follow set of SPF instructions in file format - anyone able to help?

2004-10-26 12:55:17
It would be good to include (If it is any different) instructions for
companies that host many domain names and many email servers specifics
on how to accommodate different customers sending mail from different
ISP's etc.

If I haven't explained myself well enough I'd be glad to expound on our
particular confusion with SPF.

Philip Waters
____
Theory is when you know something, but it doesn't work.
Practice is when something works, but you don't know why.
Programmers combine theory and practice:
Nothing works and they don't know why.
--Unknown
----- Original Message -----
From: "Meng Weng Wong" <mengwong(_at_)dumbo(_dot_)pobox(_dot_)com>
To: <spf-discuss(_at_)v2(_dot_)listbox(_dot_)com>
Sent: Tuesday, October 26, 2004 1:19 PM
Subject: Re: [spf-discuss] I hate to interrupt all this for something
practical, but.... we need a concise, easy-to-follow set of SPF
instructions in file format - anyone able to help?

On Tue, Oct 26, 2004 at 12:06:03PM -0700, Anne P. Mitchell, Esq.
<amitchell(_at_)isipp(_dot_)com> wrote:

| Sorry to interrupt the fun, but, we need a set of "how to set up SPF
| records" instructions which are very easy to follow, for (ideally)
the
| most commonly deployed set-ups (think on both an enterprise and
| home-business server level).
|
| Pointing to the SPF wizard and SPF pages doesn't work for this need,
| although linking to the wizard *in* the text file would.
|
| This is for widespread distribution - so consider it supporting a
push
| for further adoption.  It would be distributed by us (at no charge),
| but we would *absolutely* include appropriate attribution.
|
| If anybody already has some pages which can be pulled together for
| this, or would be willing to pull something together, please contact
| me offlist at amitchell at isipp.com.

i am working on a white paper that addresses the above and
would be happy to share an advance copy with you and with
anyone else who needs something like this.

http://www.InboxEvent.com/?s=d --- Inbox Event Nov 17-19 in Atlanta
features SPF and Sender ID.