Re: Sender ID in the news

2004-10-26 14:58:17
wayne wrote:

... Also, unless you either integrate the specialized code into a
standard NS or having your specialized NS act as a proxy, you need a
separate IP address for the server.

On my FreeBSD 4.10 server, I locally run rbldnsd too, bound on an IP alias
of localhost (127.0.0.5), which is integrated via BIND using a "forward"
zone, so that everything can be queried from just the one outer IP address
BIND runs on. Could not be something like that be done for SES too? Like
this, for example,

zone "_ses.asarian-host.example" IN {
        type forward;
        forward only;
        forwarders {
                127.0.0.5;
        };
};

Then a local SES daemon can sit on 127.0.0.5 (or whatever local IP
address/alias), and answer queries via the BIND server (or whatever DNS
server you use, of course).

Mark

        System Administrator Asarian-host.org

---