Re: SES

2004-10-29 06:15:15
James Couzens wrote:

Information is available @ http://ses.codeshare.ca

http://ses.codeshare.ca/files/Working_SES_Format_Definition_06.txt
results in a 404, and http://ses.codeshare.ca/files/ in a 403.

The usual tricks like s/txt//, s/txt/html/, or s/06/07/ don't
work.  I'm sure that my system won't be able to display PDF :-(

I'm lost with the forwarding problems.  Could anybody please
explain it here ?  Here's what I _think_ how it works:

MAIL FROM:<x> RCPT TO:<y> arrives at the MX of y.  Looking into
its user base (aliases) the MX finds that it should forward the
mail to <z>.  Therefore the MX puts the mail into its outbound
queue resulting in a RCPT TO:<z> later.

Old style was to keep the MAIL FROM:<x>, but that doesn't work
anymore thanks to SPF, because the MX of <y> isn't authorized
to use MAIL FROM:<x>.

SRS solves this by some MAIL FROM:<encoded-x-for-y> scheme.

My first _very_ stupid question, why not use MAIL FROM:<y>, and
if that's rejected immediately generate a bounce to <x> ?  And
mark the "forward <y> to <z>" as invalid depending on the error.

It starts to get messy as soon as a bounce to <y> arrives.  Is
that the moment where <encoded-x-for-y> really helps ?  Without
some proper text documents I'm unable to answer my own stupid
questions... :-(
                 Bye, Frank