Re: Sender ID in the news

2004-10-27 06:40:24
Hello!

On Tue, Oct 26, 2004 at 09:50:22AM -0500, Seth Goodman wrote:
From: Meng Weng Wong
Sent: Monday, October 25, 2004 3:28 PM

<...>

Note the SRS requirement.  We really have to crack the
forwarding nut or we're stuck in sight of the finish line.

SRS is not a requirement.  Solving the forwarding problem is.  There are
better ways to do this than SRS that require nothing to change at
forwarders.

Could you please explain this? Have I missed something?

And, btw, there *might* be also forwarding setups where it isn't
the receiver who sets up the forward. Like coworkers setting up
a forward during vacation, or if I had a specific role in some
spare time project, and I were to vacation, I might setup a forward
to another participant of the project, either as part of a general
agreement or after specific permission or so.

So one can't reduce the forwarding problem to only either mailing lists
or one person having 2 mail accounts and forwarding one to the other.
Those might cover a big part, but surely not all of it.

(And I don't consider mailing lists a problem, mailing lists are
supposed to set their own envelope sender address.)

Kind regards,

Hannah.