Re: Sender ID in the news

2004-10-27 07:12:57
Hello!

On Wed, Oct 27, 2004 at 03:49:16PM +0200, jpinkerton wrote:
From: "Hannah Schroeter" <hannah(_at_)schlund(_dot_)de>

And, btw, there *might* be also forwarding setups where it isn't
the receiver who sets up the forward. Like coworkers setting up
a forward during vacation, or if I had a specific role in some
spare time project, and I were to vacation, I might setup a forward
to another participant of the project, either as part of a general
agreement or after specific permission or so.

If you (or your co-workers) set up the forwrrding - then it's your
forwarding, not the senders.

For clarity - please describe a situation where the forwarding is actually
setup by, and is the responsibility of the sender.

I haven't said it were the sender, but it can be a third party rather
than the sender or the final recipient. I.e. the intended recipient.
And that one might neither have control over its own mail server to
implement SRS or something similar, nor over the final recipient's mail
server to create an exception for the forwarding server.

Kind regards,

Hannah.