RE: I hate to interrupt all this for something practical, but.... we need a concise, easy-to-follow set of SPF instructions in file format - anyone able to help?

2004-10-28 21:43:25
I suspected that was what you meant... I wanted to note it in case someone stumbles on that in the archive later and becomes confused.

Also, part of the spf implementation guidelines is a requirement that ? Neutral results should never be downgraded and should be treated just as if SPF didn't exist. This is important, because if people start downgrading Neutral, others might be afraid to publish a less-than-complete record. We really prefer complete records, but given a choice of no record or a ?include:comcast -all record I will take the incomplete record over the no record any day.

I wonder if there is still a requirement on the books for Neutral to be treated really neutrally, and whether this is enforced anywhere.

gregc

--guy <pobox(_at_)watkins-home(_dot_)com> wrote:

Oops!  I made a mistake!  :)

I don't use "?" or "~", that's what I get by going from memory.

"?" is neutral, "~" is soft fail
"?" is neutral, "~" is soft fail
"?" is neutral, "~" is soft fail
"?" is neutral, "~" is soft fail