comments on - Questions to ALL particpants on the list on future of SPF Community (fwd)

2004-11-04 00:10:46

----- Original Message -----
From: "william(at)elan.net" <william(_at_)elan(_dot_)net>

Note For D, I know that SPF already provides support for publishers, but
providing support to every SPF publisher is just too much for SPF to take
on directly. I think SPF Organizational activity in supporting publishers
should be directed to helping ISPs and ISPs should then provide support
to their users who publish SPF records.

Well - what about those people who don't use an ISP for that kind of stuff?
I and many others don't have a regular ISP and I would be loathe to use any
ISP's advice as it is always skewed towards their own setup and commercial
gain.

Whilst I agree with your comments about the amount of work, I think we have
the basis for help on this front already in place, and it will not really
take a lot more "fine-tuning" to cover most situations. Then it can be
automated with final resource being Koens friendly help team via the
web-form and wiki -- provided that the user is not too shy about web-forms
;-)

Obviously the more obscure scenarios will not be covered, but someone
technically competent enough to get themselves into those situations will
easily be able to work out what to do with their SPF records. We can build a
FAQ about these obscure setups as we go.

Slainte,

JohnP.
johnp(_at_)idimo(_dot_)com
ICQ 313355492