Off list re: MS may have fixed their SenderID/SPF wizard - Not

2004-11-11 11:11:32
jp,

Actually, except for using the wrong mechanism to identify
a host name, the wizard does generate what the SIDF spec
calls for:

* v=spf1 record + spf2.0 ?all - when doing only mfrom
checking

* v=spf1 record - when doing both

* spf2.0/pra - when checking pra

In other words, the wizard is now designed to generate
v=spf1 text records as the preferred record of choice.

This is what Meng wanted, to build up the v=spf1 record
base. The trade off was giving MS access to the existing
base.

Of course, this simply points out the underlying flaw in
Meng signing off on core which you, I and many others
pointed out.

John

P.S. The problem at present is that it does not generate
the right mechanism in front of host names, but ...

John Glube
Toronto, Canada

Discover How Anyone Can Get More Buyers
http://www.learnsteps4profit.com

This email contains confidential information. You may not
disclose the contents to anyone else without my consent.