Re: Re: List of nominations for people to sit on the "SPF Leadership Council" (fwd)

2004-11-14 07:27:41

Just FYI - this is the email I sent to John privately, he replied only to
first part.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Sat, 13 Nov 2004 22:44:41 -0800 (PST)
From: "william(at)elan.net" <william(_at_)elan(_dot_)net>
To: jpinkerton <johnp(_at_)idimo(_dot_)com>
Subject: Re: [spf-discuss] Re: List of nominations for people to sit on the
            "SPF Leadership Council"

After some private exchanges I've slightly changed my positions:

1. Agreeing to surve "conditionally" on the council does not make sense
   as I always have option to withdraw from it if my agenda on formalities
   of organization is not of  interest to the rest of the council. What
   this means is that I now agree to serve unconditionally but that if
   I'm elected and I'm unable to convince others there of the necessary
   of the adaption of charter and rules of order for SPF Organization,
   I'll probaby resign (but I'll give it a shot for at least two months
   and only then consider resiging of things dont work out).

2. I'll agree not to consider my new poll as a stopper and to let you hold
   the elections starting Monday if the following conditions are met:
    a. Everyone who has ever posted to SPF-discuss (even once) is allowed
       to participate in this election
    b. The term of the council is not to be limited by person holding
       the election. Council once elected will decide it based on further
       consultation with SPF Community. I'll urge the council to put all
       these rules in writing and create formal Charter and formal list
       of regulations governing SPF organization and that should include
       the elections itself. I'll also urge the council to disband and
       hold new elections once this new charter is adapted
    c. The voting itself is to be done not to private email address but
       either on the web or on public mail list with requirements for
       people to confirm their vote by email if its on the web.

---
William Leibzon
Elan Networks
william(_at_)elan(_dot_)net