Re: MUAs checking SPF

2004-11-22 11:23:13
Andy Bakun wrote:

checkout the website to find out exactly how brindead this
thing is.

Not my MUA, I took the posted description as is.  If it uses
a configuration like SpamCop's "mailhosts" and its hardwired
"all MXs (for own addresses) are good" rule, it's better.

[ For William:  SC skips over private IPs and scans top down.
  The forgeries start below the configured "mailhosts", you've
  already missed the searched IP when you reach the forgeries ]

The real fun starts when an a:sender.example IP rotates.
Thus the folly of post-acceptance SPF checking, yes.

It's not too bad, I asked about it in SPF-HELP some weeks ago,
and got the answer that you _normally_ see all IPs in these
load-balancing schemes.  For news.clara.net that's true,  But
not good enough if the user polls his mail only once per week.

                            Bye, Frank