Re: Re: MUAs checking SPF

2004-11-22 10:06:12
On Mon, 2004-11-22 at 10:24, Frank Ellermann wrote:
Hannah Schroeter wrote:

Sounds quite bogus.

If that's your excessively polite day.  I'd say braindead.

there could be 2 Received lines by the local provider

I suggest you checkout the website to find out exactly how brindead this
thing is.  There is a configuration screen that lets you enter in all
the local MTAs so it knows to skip over those Received: lines.

I'm planning on contacting the author about it.

Or more.  It could also differ depending on the used MX.
The real fun starts when an a:sender.example IP rotates.

Thus the folly of post-acceptance SPF checking, yes.

But if it tests 2822-From or PRA nobody will use it for
more than a day.

I seriously hope this will be the case.  Unfortunately, questionable
interpretations about SPF that lead to bad implementations amounts to
seriously negative press for SPF.

Andy