Re: PTR problems

2004-11-29 12:25:15
On Mon, 29 Nov 2004 administrator(_at_)yellowhead(_dot_)com wrote:

I was simply trying to reiterate how dangerous it is to use PTR records for
verifying email sources, and I apologize to those that might think it
off-topic.

It is not off-topic.  And the PTR mechanism of SPF should be used only
as a last resort.  I myself have had mail rejected by SPF because
the ISP screwed up their PTR records.  (And it took 6 months to get
them to fix it.)  As a result, I avoid using the PTR mechanism in SPF
if at all possible.