What is the load on DNS caused by SPF?

2004-11-29 13:34:13
Does anyone have any stats on the number of DNS hits an MTA makes when
receiving an email.  And the number of extra hits related to SPF?

I know the hits caused by SPF are dependent on the SPF record.  So I am
asking about real world stats from someone that receives thousands of emails
per day.  I am just interested in the average per single email.  But any
stats would be interesting.

No rush or anything.  This has been raised as an issue for months, and I
just want to put it to rest.  And I am curious.

Thanks,
Guy