RE: Attacking Domain Keys

2004-11-29 13:42:46
I don't need to read sendmail's data.  We have our own implementation
and we do not see a two-fold slow down based on the size of the
message.

The conclusion that Sendmail came to was that the cost was insignificant.
Very very few outgoing mail servers are cpu bound on sending mail. If you
are cpu bound on incomming email then you can always delay verification and
do it offline as CPU cycles permit.

The fact is that DK is being pushed by Yahoo and they have one of the
biggest mail servers on the planet. If they can do it then it is practical.
Microsoft and AOL (operators of the other big three systems) appear to
agree.

The fact is that we are going to need BOTH SPF and DK to address all the
email authentication requirements that are out there. For messaging
convenience I try to encourage people to push SPF as an anti-spam solution
and DK in the anti-phishing area but we will actually need both in both
problems.