Re: URGENT: Community Position on SenderID

2004-12-04 07:02:02
In
<1102164552(_dot_)6149(_dot_)12648(_dot_)camel(_at_)localhost(_dot_)localdomain>
 Mark Shewmaker <mark(_at_)primefactor(_dot_)com> writes:

On Thu, 2004-11-25 at 10:24, wayne wrote:
In
<1101370485(_dot_)19980(_dot_)2917(_dot_)camel(_at_)localhost(_dot_)localdomain>
 Mark Shewmaker <mark(_at_)primefactor(_dot_)com> writes:

5.  Because I think the PRA algorithm can be improved, I'd change
    the beginning of this section to "The current PRA algorithm",

Please explain how you can think that you can change the PRA
algorithm.

I think these changes could improve the PRA algorithm:

[snip]

I guess "how" is somewhat ambiguous, but I wasn't asking *what* you
would change with the PRA, but *how* you can get it changed.  As I
said in the message you replied to, unless you have more control over
Microsoft than Meng does, you can not change the PRA.  You need to
either accept it as is, or not.

IMHO, there is neither a technical basis nor a political advantage in
claiming that the very idea of the PRA in general is utterly beyond
redemption.

There are technical problems with the PRA and a very big political
problem in not being able to change it.  The PRA means one thing, and
one thing only:  Whatever Microsoft defines it to mean.  As it is
currently defined, it is utterly beyond redemption.

-wayne