Re: URGENT: Community Position on SenderID

2004-12-07 16:25:10
Hannah Schroeter wrote:

   [251]
| The receiver takes responsibility for delivering the
| message.

I understand "responsibility" as "I take over the effort to
(re)transmit it to the final destination". Not as "I now act
as full-blown substitute for the original sender".
It's a pure technical responsibility, not a social one.

No problem if it covers later bounces - if I really sent these
mails, then I should get the bounces.  But if I didn't send it,
it's your fault.  That's a technical definition, because I'm
unable to solve your problem with unknown strangers claimining
to send MAIL FROM me.  All I can do to help you is to publish a
SPF sender policy ending with -all, and I've already done this
(or rather my nice ISP did it :-)

                       Bye, Frank