Re: Re: RFC 2821 and responsibility for forwarding

2004-12-05 02:33:18
On Sat, 2004-12-04 at 17:02, Frank Ellermann wrote:
Andy Bakun wrote:

The problem with forwarding is not forwarding within an
organization, it's re-injecting the mail back into the
Internet.

That's true, but from the sender's POV that's none of his
business, he can't do anything about it in a sender policy.

I know, we're talking about forwarders, not senders.

is it reasonable to expect big email providers will have
what amounts to B2B help desks for getting mutual trust
relationships setup?

Not sure, but the original sender isn't in the position to
do anything about it, so that's something the receiver and
his providers (forwarder and final destination) must solve.

The sender is busy with figuring out MSAs and RfC 2476 ;-)

I know, we're talking about forwarders, not senders.

My message wasn't in the context of senders, and neither was
<41B1AABC(_dot_)239A(_at_)xyzzy(_dot_)claranet(_dot_)de>, which is what I was
responding to.
This entire thread is about forwarding and forwarders, hence the
subject.  Is this some kind of round-a-bout way to suggest that this
thread is off-topic because it doesn't specifically mention "sender
policies"?  I thought this thread was on-topic, as "what is SPF going to
do about forwarding" directly relates to SPF.

Andy.