Re: Agenda item: SenderID Position Statement

2004-12-05 10:47:41
In <001a01c4daf1$b75bd980$0b4b573e(_at_)idimo2> "jpinkerton"
<johnp(_at_)idimo(_dot_)com> writes:

For the next SPF council meeting, I request that the SPF communities'
position on SenderID be put on the agenda.

One of my candidate pledges said:

   I strongly support the "SPF Community Position on SenderID" as written
   on http://www.openspf.org/OpenSPF_community_position_v102.html and
   have signed it. Since this document was (obviously) written before
   the elections, one of my first tasks would be to bring this to an

Does this mean another "all spf voters" vote? Or are you referring to a vote
within the council -- which is a much better idea -- that's what you were
elected to do.

Sorry for the confusion.  I had always intended this to mean an "SPF
council vote", not a vote at large.  I view the people who have, or
have not, signed the document to be a vote at large.

I think we all knew what people were standing for when we voted for the
council, so we don't need to say anymore, let's get on with things.

Right before I posted this agenda item request, I checked, and I'm the
only candidate that mentioned this in their candidate platform.
However, I believe that 4 of the 5 council members have signed it.

-wayne