Re: Agenda item: SenderID Position Statement

2004-12-05 12:42:25
jpinkerton wrote:
----- Original Message -----
From: "wayne" <wayne(_at_)schlitt(_dot_)net>
To: <spf-discuss(_at_)v2(_dot_)listbox(_dot_)com>
Sent: Sunday, December 05, 2004 6:47 PM
Subject: Re: [spf-discuss] Agenda item: SenderID Position Statement

In <001a01c4daf1$b75bd980$0b4b573e(_at_)idimo2> "jpinkerton"
<johnp(_at_)idimo(_dot_)com>

writes:

For the next SPF council meeting, I request that the SPF communities'
position on SenderID be put on the agenda.

One of my candidate pledges said:

  I strongly support the "SPF Community Position on SenderID" as

written

  on http://www.openspf.org/OpenSPF_community_position_v102.html and
  have signed it. Since this document was (obviously) written before
  the elections, one of my first tasks would be to bring this to an

Does this mean another "all spf voters" vote? Or are you referring to a

vote

within the council -- which is a much better idea -- that's what you

were

elected to do.

Sorry for the confusion.  I had always intended this to mean an "SPF
council vote", not a vote at large.  I view the people who have, or
have not, signed the document to be a vote at large.

I think we all knew what people were standing for when we voted for the
council, so we don't need to say anymore, let's get on with things.

Right before I posted this agenda item request, I checked, and I'm the
only candidate that mentioned this in their candidate platform.
However, I believe that 4 of the 5 council members have signed it.

Good, good :-)

I'd skip the cross-postings - anyone with half a brain (even me) who is
interested in the council stuff will be lurking on that list.

FWIW - I am mighty impressed with the level of technical expertise *and* the
high level of ability to get on with stuff, as illustrated in the council
irc logs.  I was also eavesdropping on you excellent webpage of the irc logs
while you you "in session" and it's nice to see that you're all not afraid
to "grasp the nettle".  ;-)

For what ever it's worth I was too. The first council meeting was, IMHO, a great success and we got some stuff done very quickly... It likely helps that we all pretty much know each other already. :-)

That said I'd just like to breathe a quick sigh of relief that it went so well and say thanx to my fellow council members for their good will and earnest desire to push SPF forward!

--
Chuck Mead <csm(_at_)redhat(_dot_)com>
Instructor II (and resident Postfix bigot), GLS