Re: license issues?

2004-12-09 11:58:01
In
<Pine(_dot_)BSO(_dot_)4(_dot_)56(_dot_)0412071315180(_dot_)13536(_at_)ux11(_dot_)ltcm(_dot_)net>
 Mipam <mipam(_at_)ibb(_dot_)net> writes:

I wonder about wide spread adoption of SPF.
The license of MS isn't too friendly and already apache and debian
announced they cannot implement it because of licensing issues.

There is no need to get a license to use or implement SPF.  Microsoft
has a license that covers SenderID, but as far as I'm concerned, that
is a completely separate system.

Any chance the license will be changed or?

I see very little chance that MS will change the license.  It was one
of the issues that caused the demise of the IETF MARID standards group.

How do you folks look towards this issue?

I think most of the SPF community does not look favorably upon the
Microsoft SenderID license or, due to technical problems, on the "PRA"
part of SenderID.

I do not recommend using SenderID.

-wayne