RE: Re: Agenda item: SenderID Position Statement

2004-12-09 08:33:27
Sorry, Frank, have to disagree with you on this one . . .

If the contract between you and your client clearly states, as does ours,
that e-mail, web hosting services and inter-agency connectivity is NOT
GAURANTEED, then you have no liability.

No one can be responsible for the internet.

It is not regulated.

It is not licensed.

The internet, and the services provided over the internet's connectivity,
cannot be held to a guaranteed delivery standard in a court of law within
the United States.

ANYONE who makes a PROMISE of delivering either a website or e-mail is
making a SERIOUS mistake.

Bruce Barnes
ChicagoNetTech Inc