Re: Agenda item: SenderID Position Statement

2004-12-09 08:22:24
Scott Kitterman wrote:

We aren't going to change it.

I do, I just say NO,  I say NO here.  I say NO in ASRG.  I say
NO in MARID.  I say NO in dan-am.  I say NO in spamcop.  I say
NO in gmane.discuss.  I'd say NO to anybody using it on v=spf1.

Just say NO, it works.  Not always, but sometimes, and if you
don't try it they could get away with whatever they want... :-(

I doubt any actual laws are broken.

If your mail provider uses it to filter your inbound, and this
results in lost mails, then he has a very serious legal problem
if you would sue him.  This is not only unethical ignorance, it
could be culpable negligence.  As soon as we have our "official
standard" - that's always the alpha and omega of anything here.

                          Bye, Frank