Re: SPF HELO checking

2004-12-10 09:21:23
Hi !!

Are you suggesting removing the HELO checking in cases of a null MAIL
FROM?  If not, then I don't think that the HELO checking aspect can be
easily or productively removed from the SPF-classic spec.

I think HELO checking is specially interesting, but maybe it should be
treated separatelly, as it could require a diferent policy than
mail from:, i.e, you could allow many hosts to send mail on behalf
of your domain but not allow them to use you hello, also hello
checking has no problems with forwarding, so spf policy for helo
should end with -all and not with ~all

--
Best regards ...

   On-Line Services 2000 S.L.       e-mail  david(_at_)ols(_dot_)es
   Pintor Vayreda 1                 telf    +34 902 50 29 75
   08184 Palau-Solita i Plegamans   movil   +34 670 35 27 53