Re: Who controls the future of SPF V1 and beyond?

2004-12-23 14:05:10

I would support skipping V2 and going to V3 for UnifiedSPF (and making it
clear that V3 and not V2 is real next version of SPF and that V2 was work
done by MARID IETF WG which was closed without achieving the result but
because they did produce couple drafts, we don't want to create a confusion
with those texts and so incrementing version by one more was easier).

I also want to remind that its not the council that produces the specs,
its people on this list who work and create them based on feedback from
others on this list. Council should just makes determination if spec has
support of the majority of the community and when its time to move it along.