Re: External mass mailings question

2005-01-06 16:07:37
On Monday 03 January 2005 18:15, nurv wrote:
I feel if I allow (in my SPF record)   these domains to send on behave of my
domain, since I don t know what  else they might be sending out, is a bad
idea.

Do you trust them or not? Either they have your permission to send email on
your behalf or they do not. Let us know when you make up your own mind. Let
us know by adding them to your SPF record or not.

Personally, I would use a different "from:" domain than your work email. That
way, people can block your spam and still get your work mail. Yes, "from" in
both places.

If I were to add all the potential IPs that could send messages for my
company (internal & external) it could reach 60+ IP's. Does this sound
normal?

No, you won't add individual IPs. You'll add IP ranges, domain names, or even
include their SPF records in your own. Please read the complete spec for
information on how this is done.

--
Jonathan Gardner
jonagard(_at_)amazon(_dot_)com