RE: Is anyone else getting DoS'd by relay attacks?

2005-01-09 07:34:34
David Woodhouse [dwmw2(_at_)infradead(_dot_)org] wrote:
On Sun, 2005-01-09 at 13:55 +1100, Chris Drake wrote:
E) That mail server then originates a "bounce" for this faked email
   back to my server.  Thousands of different legitimate mail servers
   are doing this, so my mail servers get swamped by crap that's
   impossible for me to firewall or block (because it's a real
   legitimate mail server "attacking" me).

It's not impossible to block; it's quite simple. Just implement SES.

Or we could just get all the others to implement SPF so these bounces
aren't generated in the first place.