Re: Re: Conflict with PAM on Exim

2005-01-24 18:09:46
Hi, Sam.  Thanks for the response.

It looks like you are missing -lpam from the
flags used for linking.

I agree with you that the compiler complaints
would seem to indicate that something like that
is the problem.  However, I don't think it is for
2 reasons.  First, I do have lpam linked in.
Secondly, if that were the problem; then, it
would still be a problem when I remove support
for libspf2.  It's only when I add support for
libspf2 that it starts to complain.  Without
libspf2 support it compiles with PAM support just
fine.  Also, if I remove PAM support; then, it
will compile just fine with libspf2 support.
IOW, it's only when I have both PAM support and
libspf2 support that I get the compiler
complaint.

Just to make sure that I'm not missing something,
here's what the section of my Exim makefile
dealing with PAM looks like:

SUPPORT_PAM=yes

# You probably need to add -lpam to EXTRALIBS,
and in some releases of
# GNU/Linux -ldl is also needed.

EXTRALIBS_EXIM=-lpam -ldl

That's enough, right?