RE: A Good Read

2005-02-21 10:04:29
On Sat, 19 Feb 2005, David Woodhouse wrote:

Forwarders fail on -, so canâ??t blacklist based on SPF.

You can only use SPF as an extra flag to help decide if an email is a keeper
or not. I had to switch from â??all to ?all because of forwarders causing
some of my
email to be dropped.

The forwarders didn't cause your email to be dropped.  The recipients
dropped it due to incorrect configuration.  I.e., they didn't configure
for their non own SPF compliant forwarders (by whitelisting such forwarders,
for example, or switching to better forwarders).

There are other configuration mistakes recipients can make which
result in rejected or dropped email.

BTW, if you really meant "dropped" rather than "rejected", then those
recipients are *really* messed up.  They should reject email that
fails SPF - not discard it.