Re: Email Forwarder's Protocol ( EFP )

2005-02-21 17:36:49
David MacQuigg wrote:

[snip]

2)  The results of the authentication must be pre-pended to
the headers of the incoming mail, making it available for
all subsequent receivers.

3)  Neither the incoming headers nor the body of a message
must be disturbed.  We don't want to interfere with other
protocols that might use a digital signature.

We don't want to interfere with replies to the message either.

[snip]

Here is my proposed new header to meet these requirements:

Authenticate: SPF1 [<IP Address>] <senders-domain> PASS

[snip]

After these four items, we could have any number of
non-standardized parameters

Why non-standardized?

like a hash code or a time stamp.

IMO, to be anti-Spoofing, it must have a time stamp and an
public key encrypted hash ... just like SRS has defined.

[snip]

Comments and suggestions are welcome.  I am not an expert.

-- Dave

--
Martin G. Diehl

http://www.renderosity.com/gallery.ez?ByArtist=Yes&Artist=MGD

Reality: That which remains after you stop thinking about it.
  inspired by P. K. Dick