Re: Email Forwarder's Protocol ( EFP )

2005-02-22 15:36:52
On Tue, 2005-02-22 at 23:13 +0100, Alex van den Bogaerdt wrote:

Whatever solution we'll come up with, things have to change.
I think that using existing infrastructure and techniques
such as procmail and mime-encoded attachments are easy enough
to implement and with the least amount of hassle.  Submitting
mail to spamcop works, usually without problems, and my proposal
is to use a similar technique.

Months ago, I suggested a number of ways that forwarding could change to
avoid appearing to be forgeries -- and none of what I suggested was new,
people had already thought of them.

The way I see it, the problem is that those who cry "SPF breaks the
forwarding that has been in use on the Internet for years!" want to
change the subject of that claim should be the focus rather than the
object being the focus.  Any suggestions of "forwarding is fundamentally
broken and needs to be revisited" fall on deaf ears.  I can appreciate
the fact that some percentage of the Internet uses forwarding as a
reason that forwarding can not be ignored, but there are numerous
suggestions as to what can be done, most of them redefine "forwarding",
and apparently, none of them are acceptable.

--
Andy Bakun <spf(_at_)leave-it-to-grace(_dot_)com>