Fund-raising efforts for SPF implementations (was: New member with one question)

2005-02-24 10:52:06
John Pinkerton wrote:
I completely understand this as I have been unable to do anything for
spf recently myself due to other commitments.  But what finances are
required?  Would the council not be better spending time and energy in
raising that funding?  [...]

Koen Martens wrote:
Seriously, fund raising didn't work before, so i don't think it will
work now. What is needed is a company or some rich well-do-er comes up
with a substantial amount that pays for a well described job. Eg. 'fix
spf packages for the mailers available in linux distro x'. And don't
forget ms platform support. Much like what Meng did. Only then it
stopped.

There _is_ at least one attempt at a _major_ fund-raising effort underway,
initiated by Meng and supported by the council and several developers from
this community.  It is the HSARPA proposal that has been talked about
several times at the council meetings.  We don't have a response from
HSARPA yet, though.

There are one or two other efforts, but I don't know much about them.  I
will query Meng for a brief report on them at the next council meeting.

Julian Mehnle,
SPF Council Member.