Re: forged email DSN

2005-02-25 17:20:14
On Fri, 25 Feb 2005, Brian W. Antoine wrote:

At 03:31 PM 02/25/2005, you wrote:
I know some of you are going to hate this idea, but I wan't to hear the
criticism, and perhaps change things.

   An IP from china sends one of your users an email claiming the sending
address is user(_at_)whitehouse(_dot_)gov, who are you going to send that
warning
to?  The MX of the ISP in china after you figure out who it is, or the
MX for whitehouse.gov?

The MX for whitehouse.gov.  They are the ones being joe jobbed, who
need to publish a Sender Policy ASAP.