Re: URGENT REQUEST: Change the webpage please

2005-02-25 17:19:27
On Fri, 2005-02-25 at 12:06 -0800, Robin Lynn Frank wrote:

You said the magic word (meeting).  I think it is amusing that the last
two lines in my sig (from a random sig file) are my response.  If you
want to do something, then do it!  If people want to use it...fine.  If
they don't...fine!  Be done with it and move on to something else.
Don't doom something to failure because you wasted so much time that an
800-pound gorilla could come in and mess with things.

If you consider WHO made the URGENT request, you would understand the
implications a little more.  Chuck I believe is a good guy, but he
hasn't been here long enough to likely feel as frustrated as I or others
(like Koen for example) feel, and thus remarked as he did.

Its a shame he didn't follow through and simply link the information he
referenced since he is on the board, where it is my opinion that those
individuals would overlook comments from the peanut gallery either by
not responding, or responding with information appropriate enough to
silence the comment in a positive fashion.  His suggestion to
effectively "RTFM" at this stage is like offering someone who loves nice
tasty doughnuts, a nice tasty doughnut, and then tossing it into a
steaming lake comprised of material whose odour bears a distinct
resemblance to that of an object of rectal origin.

The fact of the matter is that this project suffered heavily from the
distraction and from the communities standpoint, extremely undesirable
and unwanted foray into the affairs of Microsoft.  Koen has been here a
long time, and put a lot of effort into helping SPF, imagine the
frustration of someone who given this makes a request to have a very
important change made, and the powers that be (Meng in this case) does
not respond with acknowledgement or action.

That being said I found the Microsuck comment but amusing and accurate
depiction of the general feeling of many of us -- whether its true or
not, perception is always greater than reality.

Cheers,

James

--
James Couzens,
Programmer

http://libspf.org -- ANSI C Sender Policy Framework library
http://libsrs.org -- ANSI C Sender Rewriting Scheme library
PGP: http://pgp.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x7A7C7DCF

"This is not quite as crazy as it sounds, since people knew how
 to write small, efficient programs in those days, a skill that
 has subsequently been lost." -- Andrew S. Tanenbaum

Read the whitepaper!  http://spf.pobox.com/whitepaper.pdf