RE: PayPal account Suspended

2005-03-08 08:02:38
Everyone on the list got it.  Someone went to the trouble of subscribing
service(_at_)paypal(_dot_)com to the list and then sending the messages.  The
same
one's went to spf-help, but fortunately they hadn't subscribed correctly and
so they were moderated.

I think I've stopped (or at least made it harder) for this to happen again.

Scott Kitterman

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-spf-discuss(_at_)v2(_dot_)listbox(_dot_)com
[mailto:owner-spf-discuss(_at_)v2(_dot_)listbox(_dot_)com]On Behalf Of James
Couzens
Sent: Tuesday, March 08, 2005 10:05 AM
To: spf-discuss(_at_)v2(_dot_)listbox(_dot_)com
Subject: Re: [spf-discuss] PayPal account Suspended

On Mon, 2005-03-07 at 00:55 +0000, PayPal Service wrote:

Dear PayPal User,

Our fraud prevention systems have detected unusual activity from your
account, This has led us to believe that your password may be known by
someone other than yourself, This may cause unwanted bills and many
other implications.

-- snip !

Heh, anyone else get this? :-)

Cheers,

James

--
James Couzens,
Programmer

http://libspf.org -- ANSI C Sender Policy Framework library
http://libsrs.org -- ANSI C Sender Rewriting Scheme library
PGP: http://pgp.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x7A7C7DCF

"This is not quite as crazy as it sounds, since people knew how
to write small, efficient programs in those days, a skill that
has subsequently been lost." -- Andrew S. Tanenbaum

Read the whitepaper!  http://spf.pobox.com/whitepaper.pdf
To unsubscribe, change your address, or temporarily deactivate
your subscription,