Re: PayPal account Suspended

2005-03-24 10:19:46
Scott Kitterman wrote:

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-spf-discuss(_at_)v2(_dot_)listbox(_dot_)com
[mailto:owner-spf-discuss(_at_)v2(_dot_)listbox(_dot_)com]On Behalf Of
william(at)elan.net
Sent: Tuesday, March 08, 2005 10:21 AM
To: spf-discuss(_at_)v2(_dot_)listbox(_dot_)com
Subject: RE: [spf-discuss] PayPal account Suspended

On Tue, 8 Mar 2005, Scott Kitterman wrote:

Everyone on the list got it.
Someone went to the trouble

trouble?  ...
thanks for your concern, but it was no trouble at all <g>

[snip]

But isn't subscription two-step process ... ?

[snip]

Maybe they created the acocunt and then simply updated
the address to be service(_at_)paypal(_dot_)com

Would that get any validation scrutiny?
Anyone want to place a cash bet on that question?

[snip]

Do you think this was done manually or by automated tool?

I confess that I am afraid to think about that possibility.

[snip]

Ah well, back to spf....

... ? ... But we _were_ talking about validating the sender ...

After all, if we are setting out to fix the present system ...
don't we have to know all of the ways it is currently broken?

Scott Kitterman

--
Martin G. Diehl

So much wisdom and knowledge -- so little time and bandwidth.
--MGD

Reality: That which remains after you stop thinking about it.
--inspired by P. K. Dick