Re: Oh Council, Where Art Thou ?

2005-03-22 07:36:55
Chuck Mead wrote:

I sent a meeting agenda last week but on the day of the
meeting we did not get quorum.

You're the Council member who will push for a new standards
organization when the IESG commits net suicide.  They have a
way to organize their ballots asynchronously, so maybe that
is something to bypass Meng's "disappearances":

1 - Allow Council members to post motions on the Council list.

2 - Count this as "yes" (same idea as Ted's "yes" in the IESG
ballot, never mind that he voted "yes" for the conflicting
classic-spf-00 and senderid-core-00, that's a technical issue,
he's not forced to identify this conflict between two I-Ds
with the same co-author Meng)

3 - Let all other Council members vote Yes / No / Abstain for
say four weeks.  Let them change their mind as they see fit
until either all Council members posted a vote or the four
weeks timeout terminates the ballot.

4 - If the four week timeout terminates a ballot and some
Council members didn't vote it's their problem, three "yes"
are always good enough for a Council of five, even two "yes"
are fine if there are less than two "no".

With this simple procedure you could drop the bi-weekly IRC
meetings where Meng almost never has time.  BTW, maybe you
need an executive officer more interested in the "internal"
Council operations, if Meng's time is eaten up by his other
activities.  Or maybe this is only a problem with the IRC
meetings and different time zones.

                       Bye, Frank