Re: Re: Oh Council, Where Art Thou ?

2005-03-22 13:57:16

On Tue, 22 Mar 2005, Frank Ellermann wrote:

It doesn't work when Julian is the only active Council member.
In that case we'd need another organization of the Council,
if bi-weekly IRC meetings are too much they could decide some
things asynchronously on their mailing list.

I have to agree with Frank. SPF Council has been anything but productive
in big part because some of the members consistantly fail to show up on
the meetings and fail to participate by other means and other reasons
include failure to organize and define work to be done by council. There is also still no clearly defined direction for SPF and as a result none of the issues like website, position on SID and other (which have all been known back in November) are resolved.

Instead of providing leadership and central organizing body for SPF, this council seems a consulting body for its 5 members when they can all get together and ask opinions of each other for something they are working on.

--
William Leibzon
Elan Networks