Re: IESG evaluation of SPF

2005-04-07 20:59:41
Julian Mehnle wrote:

De jure, there isn't such a thing as SPF v2 yet.  Neither de
facto, there is just a handful of wanna-be Sender-ID records
that use "v=spf2.0" syntax.

Come on, Jim Lyon has the same right to publish drafts (with
coauthor Meng), as Mark Lentczner, Wayne Schlitt, and others
like Phil.  The Katz & Lyon spf2.0 drafts exist, they're not
yet expired.  William's spf2.0/submit is also still tabled.

But the IESG discussed only Katz & Lyon & Schlitt, because
that's what Ted Hardie promised after the MARID collapse -
the change from Mark to Wayne as author caused no problem.

If there really is such a misunderstanding, we need to
eliminiate it.

Seconded.  BTW, Ted Hardie is AFAIK on vacation at the moment,
I vaguely recall a vacation mail on a W3C mailing list.  Bye.