spf with online forms

2005-05-02 12:17:50
Could someone please explain to me how spf deals with websites which use
online forms to send emails?  For example, if I am on eBay and use their
online form to send an email to another eBay user, eBay sends the email
from my account through their smtp server and on to the other eBay user.
 Upon receipt of that email, the recipient's email system would do an
spf lookup on my domain and find that eBay.com's smtp server is not a
valid sender for my domain and therefore reject the email.

It's not just eBay by the way, there are thousands of websites which do
this very same thing.

Any thoughts?