Re: spf with online forms

2005-05-02 13:38:57
On Mon, 2 May 2005, Matt wrote:
The reason ebay does that is to PROTECT against spamming.    As an end
user I can't contact the user directly... I also can't see their
e-mail address.

Huh?  Yes, you can.

The message was send with a MAIL FROM of the vendor's eMail address, not
eBay,
even though only 20% or so of the words were written by the vendor, and she
knew
nothing about the rest of the message.

Spammers are smart enough to look at the envelope sender.

Using the user's own email address as envelope sender *encourages*
spamming of the user.  Using an EBay address, and processing any mail to
those addresses to determine if it should be forwarded on, would offer
some protection.