RE: If my server does not have an SPF record?

2005-05-04 08:37:13

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-spf-discuss(_at_)v2(_dot_)listbox(_dot_)com
[mailto:owner-spf-discuss(_at_)v2(_dot_)listbox(_dot_)com] On Behalf Of Scott
Kitterman
Sent: woensdag 4 mei 2005 17:12
To: spf-discuss(_at_)v2(_dot_)listbox(_dot_)com
Subject: RE: [spf-discuss] If my server does not have an SPF record?

I am sending mail from domain.com to destination.com. Destination.com
will look up domain.com to see if there is a SPF record. If no reocrd
is found, what does destination.com do? Drop the seesion? Send a NDR
or DSN? Turf the message? Queue the message?

SPF is optional and, although more widely deployed than other anti-forgery
technologies, is not yet generally deployed. I don't think that it is very
likely that anyone would do anything other than accept the message and
subject it to whatever processing they normally do (anti-virus,
spamassassin, etc.).

Yes. Having no SPF should not be treated as a thing for which the sending
party should be punished. If for nothing else, because having an SPF
record is, imho, also not something the sender should be rewarded for. On
my system, expect to be subjected to the same anti-virus, SA, etc. checks,
regardless of whether you have an SPF record. And I believe it a good
thing to stress this point, as spammers have SPF records too, of course.

- Mark

        System Administrator Asarian-host.org

---
"If you were supposed to understand it,