Re: Outstanding draft issues that I've missed

2005-05-05 20:25:37

On Thu, 5 May 2005, wayne wrote:

Now, microsoft's hotmail, uses the "hotmail.com" domain name for both
email addresses *and* HELO domains.  As a result, they can't use %{l}
macros without running into the problems you mentioned.

I think this is something that domain owners can choose to deal with.
I don't think this is the kind of semantics that we should change at
this stage of the game.

I agree about no change, but Michael Elliott is right about existance
of this problem. I think it should be mentioned in the draft and should
be mentioned on website (whenever this may come around) in the guide or FAQ so that users are aware of this issue.

--
William Leibzon
Elan Networks