Block: pobox.com (fwd)

2005-05-18 15:09:05

Thought you might be interested in small note from one unhappy mta developer
(no - its not anything spf-discuss can do about, althought listowner might).
So just fyi:

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Wed, 18 May 2005 14:08:25 -0400
From: Sam Varshavchik <mrsam(_at_)COURIER-MTA(_dot_)COM>
To: SPAM-L(_at_)PEACH(_dot_)EASE(_dot_)LSOFT(_dot_)COM
Subject: Block: pobox.com

I see that pobox.com publishes its own SPF record.

Despite that, pobox.com's mail servers will happily accept a sh1tload of Sober.Q/P spam forged with my return address, attempt to forward it, then when the recipient's spam filter rejects it, bounce this garbage back to me.

This is hypocrisy. If they want others to honor pobox.com's SPF records, they should honor _MY_ SPF records too, and refuse to accept garbage with my E-mail address forged on it, instead of flinging backscatter at me, non-stop.