Re: Re: People keep misunderstanding what "Pass" and "Neutral" mean

2005-05-21 02:57:44
wayne schreef:

I agree that SA shouldn't score None, Neutral or the error conditions,

Like it or not, but as long as it tells you something about the
probability that a message can be classified as either ham or spam,
*anything* goes. Including SPF 'none', 'neutral' or whatever kind of
error condition you can think of.

From my personal experience, I have found that more than 95% of messages
 with a SPF result 'neutral' can be classified as spam. That's a pretty
high probability and it is because of that that I contributed the SA
patch to add the neutral scoring rule.

It would be insane to reject mail on a 'neutral' score alone. But in a
scoring system (like SA) the occasional additional points gathered
should not be a problem for legitimate mail. As long as it doesn't score
on additional spamminess rules, there is no problem at all. For real
spam messages, it might be just the additional weight to tip the balance.

Best regards,
Arjen