Re: Re: People keep misunderstanding what "Pass" and "Neutral" mean

2005-05-21 06:43:37
Frank Ellermann schreef:

I have found that more than 95% of messages with a SPF result
'neutral' can be classified as spam. That's a pretty high
probability and it is because of that that I contributed the
SA patch to add the neutral scoring rule.
Maybe your observations were somewhat skewed by the aol.com
sender policy ending with ?all.

Not really. Most of the SPF neutral results are from non-US domains,
most of them are European ISP's/domains. The few dozens of users here
seem to have very little correspondence directly to/from US.

Just a wild guess, don't hit me too hard if that's as far as possible from
the truth.

We receive very little e-mail from AOL customers. The vast majority of
the neutral responses for the past 12 months are from gmx(.de/.net) and
hotmail.com. The first now publishes "-all" and the second "~all" at the
end of their respective SPF records, so I guess that these will no
longer produce neutral results. What remains are scattered domains,
without any particular one of them sticking out.

Best regards,
Arjen