Re: Identity codes, plus a new %{x} macro

2005-05-27 10:39:20
"william" == william elan net
"Re: Re: Identity codes, plus a new %{x} macro"
 Fri, 27 May 2005 09:17:38 -0700 (PDT)

    william> I don't understand you. The identity is something that
    william> can have specific SPF policy associated with it and that
    william> reciving mail system can check on to decide if that name
    william> is legitimately used as part of mail transmission.

    william> So to that end, what do you have in mind? Would it be
    william> something that receiving system can see as part of mail
    william> transmission? And what kind of specific set of policies
    william> would this be associated with?

I misunderstood.  I thought you were going beyond SPF per se.  In that
context my point was only that I failed to see full coverage of the
triumvirate of SMTP client, hello name, and mail from each with a name
and one or more IP numbers.

        jam