Re: SPF-council IRC logs for 2005-05-25

2005-05-31 19:08:48

<Julian> 2.5.3. Pass
<Julian> A "Pass" result means that the client is authorized to inject mail
<Julian> with the given identity.

The above is good.

 Further policy checks, such as reputation,
<Julian> or black and/or white listing, can now proceed with confidence <Julian> in the identity.

I do not like the word "confidence" it applies stronger level of trust that is given by spf test. I'd replace it with very simple
 "can now use the identity"

Also note that blacklist is not term that is ever where popular (me and number of others use "blocklist" and Paul Vixie - creator of the system does not like either for legal and other reasons and advocates for RBL "real-time blackhole list"), in fact it might be better to just completely remove "such as reputation or black and/or white listing"

---
William Leibzon
Elan Networks
william(_at_)elan(_dot_)net