Re: exp modifier and I18N

2005-06-04 12:16:35
"Florian Weimer" commented:

I'm implementing the syntax part of draft-schlitt-spf-classic-01[1]
and noted that no charset is defined for the explanation string.
There's also no kind of language handshake.  These days, this is
unacceptable for a message which should be presented to end users.

<snip>

I first raised this issue on the MARID list:

http://www.imc.org/ietf-mxcomp/mail-archive/msg02788.html

I researched this quite extensively about 11 months ago in the thread on this list which started with:

http://archives.listbox.com/spf-discuss(_at_)v2(_dot_)listbox(_dot_)com/200407/0820.html

Initially, I felt the same as you - that there was something missing here, but by the end of the thread I had convinced myself (and others?) that the current system does all that can be done / can be expected on the I18N front. It might save you some time / energy to trace through the logic I followed then.

Chris Haynes