exp modifier and I18N

2005-06-04 10:59:18
I'm implementing the syntax part of draft-schlitt-spf-classic-01[1]
and noted that no charset is defined for the explanation string.
There's also no kind of language handshake.  These days, this is
unacceptable for a message which should be presented to end users.

By the way, the "third party" part is duplicated in these two
paragraphs:

   Software evaluating check_host() can use this string to communicate
   information from the publishing domain in the form of a short message
   or URL.  Software should make it clear that the explanation string
   comes from a third party.  For example, it can prepend the macro
   string "%{o} explains: " to the explanation.

   Implementations MAY limit the length of the resulting explanation
   string to allow for other protocol constraints and/or reasonable
   processing limits.  The SPF client SHOULD make it clear when an
   explanation string is coming from a third party, such as shown in
   Section 2.5.4.

[1] Mainly to be able to provide reverse SPF lookup, and to put the
    "700,000 domains use SPF" claim into perspective.  My efforts
    should not be viewed as any kind of endorsement of SPF.