Re: Hotmail preparing to check SID with spf2.0/pra only?

2005-06-21 14:40:42

On Tue, 21 Jun 2005, Jeff Macdonald wrote:

On Sun, 2005-06-19 at 23:05 -0400, Hector Santos wrote:
It would be nice to get a clarification here.

I was part of a phone conference yesterday were MS said they will be
checking Sender-ID records starting Wednesday on Hotmail. What the UI
will be showing was unclear to me. However MS is only doing PRA checks.
They will be validating against spfv1 records if the domain of the PRA
is using spfv1 records. I asked if they would ever do MFROM checks and
the response was no.

So if I understood everything correctly:
1) PRA only? - yes
2) spfv2.0 only? - no

There is supposedly going to be an article on MS website also, but no
url was given.

Thanks for information.

So the person who gave info before to John Levine misunderstood and when he said they'd only be doing SPF2/PRA checks what he really meant is that they'd only be doing PRA checks but not necessarily only using spf2.0/pra
records. That is a lot more like what was expected from MS.

--
William Leibzon
Elan Networks